Wednesday, August 20, 2014

What a bump!


Found this little bump on me after knocking into a metal door last night.

I was quite surprised at how it looked like as compared to bumping onto the table edges.

I could feel that area - covered by the clot was slightly swollen.. Sigh. Time to do some rubbing.  




Just last Sunday I finally visited the doctor regarding my wrist for it has been hurting for quite some time.. At least a month I presumed. 

It happened just suddenly where I felt a slight pain on my wrist which I just dismissed it lightly. The pain gradually increased and just stayed at that. It caused quite a bit of discomfort especially when I was carrying my baby nephew or when I'm writing.
I was unable to bend my hand backwards to almost 90 degrees as my other hand neither can I bend it forward like an upside down 'U'. I cannot twist it left and right without feeling the strain on my wrist and every night I will feel the pain... Almost like having rheumatism every night. 

Until last Saturday or rather early morning where I woke in the middle of my sleep in pain. I tried rubbing / massaging my left arm only to make it worse. My hand felt numb and I couldn't even ball my hand into a fist. I felt very scared for the first time. Most likely was because I was sleeping on my left side the whole time.

I visited the doctor about my wrist and doctor said it was due to inflammation and muscle strain since it was only the wrist and the area around the bone (like a tiny bump - sorry I don't know what is that called) is affected. He asked me to reduce my typing and carrying of heavy objects if possible especially it is on my muscle hand otherwise the wrist will not heal. It is quite impossible since I deal with that on a daily basis but with extra care now (trying to).

So I have a muscle relaxant to be taken twice a day and another for inflammation to be taken once every 24hrs.

Can't wait for my wrist to heal!!

No comments: