Sunday, December 06, 2009

Today was my 10km StandChart run. I had only 4hours of rest and no breakfast to fill my hungry stomach. Took a peek on the running route from the guide that comes with the goodie bag and I gasp! I did not expect the route to stretch till Suntec and began to wonder whether can I really make it through the route in one piece.

No more thinking, the run started and we began our slow jog. I managed to jog all 2+km before my stamina gave up on me, right after the upward n downward slope.. I brisked walk all the way till 9km and jogged the remaining 10km. I wanted to jogged from 2km as my heart told me that I'm reaching the finishing line real soon!! However, that was also when I nearly experience a leg cramp. It felt horrible as the warning sign is there and its painful to continue forcing the leg to jog. :(

Now, I gotta wait patiently for the HR to email us our running results.. It happened fast but it ended pretty fast too. The weather was kind to us by being cloudy and sun shining bright when most of us are almost done.

What an experience to be running on the ECP as well as some of the roads without having to stop at traffic lights and with plenty of space to jog. Now, I'm so smelly and sticky but I can't forget the 10km feeling. A look on my smelly running top with my bib number still attached with the help of safety pins.. My running shoes with my ChampionChip... Sigh.

Just read the guide book again and I hope that I'd crossed the correct chip mat that wll record my timing. :/

1st pic - My Medal!
2nd pic - My Bib Number!!
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

No comments: