Sunday, March 13, 2011

Brunch @ Tiffany's Cafe

The old team decided to meet up for brunch.... on 15 July 2010. I remembered checking up the internet for Hala certified buffets, whether do they serve international cuisines, how much and any promotion packages. I was narrowing down to the Carousel, Royal Plaza on Scotts for it's a 100% Hala certified restaurant and they serves great food. Unfortunately it was fully booked on the day we'd planned to have our get together and was lucky enough to find another restaurant - Tiffany Cafe & Restaurant, Furama City Centre. We were quite skeptical of the restaurant because no one had eaten there before and wasn't too sure whether is the food delicious or not. We'd decided to take the risk nevertheless.

They offered one-for-one lunches for a number of credit cards like Amex, UOB, POSB/DBS. Otherwise, lunch cost S$40.96 NETT per pax. That was the information I had for last year.

It was really good seeing the old team and that was some time after we had our major shufflement.

Not only was the food delicious, there was quite a variety of food for us to choose from. From Chinese style - Roasted duck to Japanese Sushi, local delights like Hokkien Mee to Western Pasta. Yums! The duck and the prawns were the winners.










Everyone tucking into their food. Hungrrrrry!!




Some were late but we started our meal first.




Social killerS




Nail art. Seriously, I do respect them for still being able to type on their keyboards, use their phones and eat food that requires your fingers like eating chicken wings, burgers, fries with their super long fake/real nails. I for one, cannot get used to it. I'll feel all weird and uneasily and would want to clip my nails to as short as 2mm long? Anyway, my nails chip off easily so no point growing it long.




Diamonds, a girl's best friend.






I like the idea of putting these little cakes on a really small plates. It made them looked so cute and irresistable! They were small enough to place two tiny plates on a normal size (kind of for teacups) plate. You could see the comparison, that was a teaspoon resting on the edge of the small plate. Above it all, the cakes were soooo delicious, not too thick, sweet nor creramy that the girls went to get a few more.




Taking a group photo before heading to nana's place. :)




The girls on serious note.




Girls on fun note.

Overall, it was a good experience there, we were there early so we managed to skip the lunch crowd, very friendly and efficient servicers and we get to participate in some lucky draws I think. Heh.


+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

I woke up in the middle of the night (the night before yesterday's) feeling very hot and cold. Felt feverish but was feeling better in the morning, when preparing for work. Had to do my business before leaving for work and realised that I was having diarrhoea (I guess) after visiting the toilet for at least 6 times, combined with a mild fever. No wonder I was feeling my whole body especially my back was aching. Popped a panadol and guess it killed the pain. How I wished I had followed my instinct and visit the doctor.

Anyways, I'm feeling better now and kind of wishing that I'm still down with fever or diarrhoea so that I can skip work tomorrow. I know I sounded like some kid who do not wish to go to school but sometimes I wish I could just stay home and rest.

No comments: