Friday, December 07, 2012

Where's the welfare?

Today B was telling me that it's time for me to start looking for a new job because of my age. I'm not getting any younger.

That's when I realised that the reason why I didn't really look for a job then was because I don't have to worry about cash flow. I know that if I were to stop working, I can still lead a comfortable life.

And it got me started to think, why did B take up this job?

Why didn't he look for a corporate job like the others? They are working in reputable mnc organisations. Of course the earning is low but it's the experience. Why start hiss experience level with this job that brings you nowhere? Unless he has the intention of doing the same in future.

Starting to hate this job and the fact that he's working the same industry as I am. Long hours. Experience? Can't be applied everywhere. Pay? Need to work like a cow.

And sometimes being too dedicated in the job is no use at all! They will only take your goodness for granted and whenever they need help, the first person they'll think of is YOU! They will say "this person will help for sure! Will always help". And you will end up suffering. Suffering the longer hours. The shitty after closing duties. Fuck lah. If they are so short of manpower and still expand. That's exploiting the employees! In a sense that they are working longer than the stipulated hours provided in the guidelines. Wanna work the employees to death? Imagine working from 10am to 10pm the first day, 12 to 11pm. Wth?

No comments: