Monday, July 23, 2012

Don't comment unnecessarily

Yes, I'd just decided to let the whole world know that I'm dating, who is my new squeeze and most prolly everyone knows his age.

I was and am quite bothered by some people, even close friends who kept mentioning about his age and sometimes I wish I could just keep it low tone. Why do I still let it out when I'm bothered by it? I guess I just don't want to keep mum about it and I don't feel good about denying his existence? Anyhow, it is my choice to be with him and I guess I just have to learn to ignore all the gossip mongers with time.

A close friend just called and was itching to talk about my new beau.. And was saying how his girlfriend saw his picture and commented he was very young looking. And he was asking why did I pick such a young man to be my partner? And it was all weird and stuff and said that he did mind about his partner's age initially... I mean, if you understand how I felt and went through the same process, shouldn't you not ask those questions that normal people would ask? Or just keep your comments to yourself?

I hate it when they said things like 'where's your boy boy?'. Huh? What boy boy? Why use these stupid terms for a partner? Why not ask 'where's your girl girl?'. Doesn't it sound stupid? Why not just ask where's your boyfriend? Your xxxxx or your partner? And why must say something like 'I'd better not talk to you for long and let you talk to your boy 2x on the phone otherwise he'll wonder where have you been.' Huh? You think we don't communicate? You think we must talk on the phone for long?

And I'd attended my company's annual dinner and dance. I was contemplating whether should I keep a distance from him or just be the way we are. I'd decided on the latter. A friend from another table came over to ask me. I believe the people on his table were already speculating about us. So I just acknowledged his question. The look on his face was disbelieve. I just ignore that. He asked the same question 3 times for reassurance. Got the same answer and returned to his table and shared it with the rest. Wow... That was faster than email or whatsapp. The whole table turned over and some I knew was genuinely happy and others could be judging me already. And soon, it spread to the rest of the tables like wildfire. Fast. Faster than Flash could run.

Perhaps letting it know to everyone is a mistake or maybe I shouldn't really care what people said or how they think as long as I'm happy and I like the way things are progressing between us.

Fuck them bitches!!

1 comment:

J. said...

Don't let others affect you and the relationship. Its actually good. Keeping your relationship open may makes those peeps talk ONCE and be done with it.

Keeping it under wraps will invite more shitty comments as days goes by and gossips gets more "intense"

Real friends don't judge, ya!

Being in love is one of the most happiest thing in life. Cherish him. :)