Wednesday, November 07, 2012

I will just work even if I'm sick

I was feeling my sore throat coming back this morning and I tried to work only to make it even worse. I was practically coughing away and I couldn't talk. So I went to see the company doctor, told him my problems (cough, phlegm, sore throat). Doctor asked whether do I have any running nose to which I said no. He asked any fever, I wasn't sure because I did not take my temperature at work - there's no thermometer. Then he prescribed some medications for my throat and said that's all. So I asked whether will I be on medical leave? He said no, as a matter of fact. I was flabbergast. I mean, come on, you know my symptoms and no issue me any leaves to rest at home? Do you think I can continue working with my current situation? I mean, some doctors will ask what's my nature of work and will issue if they feel it necessary right?

Me: Will I be on any medical leave?
Doc: Why would you be on ML?
Me: *huh?* Because of my sore throat? Don't I need to rest?
Me: I need to talk a lot at work. Or do you think I can get well by today after taking your medications so that I can return to work tomorrow?
Doc: No.. I can't be sure that you'll get well by then.
Doc: *quite reluctantly* Alright, I'll issue you a half day leave today.
Me: I don't need a half day leave today. I need it for tomorrow.
Doc: You can work today and not tomorrow. That's not good isn't it?
Me: I'm on a half day leave today.


Isn't that ridiculous? The doctor who is so unwilling to issue me a medical certificate. Or does he want me to return to his clinic again tomorrow and get my ML? That is a waste of time right?

I thought I was able to attend tonight's lecture - Econs. Halfway to school, I was fighting hard to control my irrepressible coughing and I felt really tired. I had decided to skip tonight's lecture and went home.

Anyway I went to buy my second round of luo han guo and this time I drank it religiously. Throat is a lot better now and I don't cough that much. Hope my throat will feel better by tomorrow. I missed eating fried chicken, fries, etc!! Of course having said that, I do feel healthier now that I've not been touching any of my favourite junk food. :)

Been raining almost everyday. People! Please take care of your health alright? Drink lots and lots of water!!

2 comments:

J. said...

Take care, Anna! The doctor is a bitch.. Please visit another company clinic.. (-_-)"'

Btw, do have some honey as well.. Works for the throat too.

ohime nana said...

Hey J, he is a bastard. I'm not returning to that clinic for sure even if I can't do a full claim on non-appointed clinic.

Anyway the medicines + my chinese drink combo are working on my throat. Hope I'll be well by tomorrow!

Thanks for the recommendation. Shall source for honey drink! :)