Monday, November 19, 2012

Time for a change

I went to 'suan ming' today. As mentioned by friends, the lady was really.. good! She could tell everything, like my life when I was young until now. And she was telling me about the future. Of course I know that the future cannot be foreseen because it may change anytime however it will act as a guide so that I can try to advert any kind of trouble or try to improve my life.


She mentioned that I need to have confidence in myself and be more thick skin, be able to take in rejections and pick myself up again. These kind of reminded me of Mr Tan. He was always telling me the same thing. Have confidence, be thick skin and ask. Seemed like he knew that's what I need to do, to be in order to succeed. It is a pity I did not take his words seriously for if I had, I may have achieve something today.

She then said that in one point of my marriage, my husband will have an affair. (SIAN.) And immediately I told myself that I do not want to get married so that I can avoid this incident. She said that I need to bear with his infidelity for 5 years, the affair will end and it will be all good. Unless they have a kid. I was thinking that no way will I bear with this affair for 5 frikking LONG years! If I find out that bastard has cheated on me, I'll leave him immediately even if we are married. I really can't bear to think that I have to stand aside and watch him enjoy himself with another woman. I really wish that it will not happen. Maybe that is also the reason why I do not wish to get married, so that I will not be hurt in such a way. Or I'd rather I be the one who MAY have an affair instead of the guy. I mean, I know myself. B said that people may change. I know that I will not but since he said that, I wonder, if he really ends up being my husband, will he have an affair? I mean he like to be talking to people, he do not like to be alone.

Sometimes I wonder, whether is it a good idea to go suan ming. I mean, sometimes it is better to be ignorant of the future than to have the information passed on to you and there I will be thinking of it constantly eventhough it is a long way to go and from "will not happen" becomes a "will happen" incident. However, with this knowledge, I can try ways to prevent it from happening right? Or I can do something about my future, my life. My future rest on my hand for I am the one to control my life. I just pray and hope that it will not happen. Sigh.

Met up with B's friend to check on the insurance policies available for B. I was really glad that he asked me along because I learnt a lot today about financial planning. I told B that I wish I had know her earlier, maybe I will have some savings on hand right now. We had decided to calculate our on hand finances and realised that we need to have a lot of discipline to save up money instead of spending them unnecessarily. It is quite worrying and a headache to know that I do not the amount I should have saved up by now. Sigh.

Bet Bryan heaved a big sigh after he learnt that I did not save up that much based on the number of years I'd worked. :(

It is not to late to start saving but I really need to manage my money properly. Less spending, more saving.

So for those who are reading this, if you have not do up any saving plans, please do so now. Haven't calculate your monthly expenses, etc? It is time to do something about your money now.

1 comment:

J. said...

Anna, 命由你不由天 !

Dun let it affect your perspective of your future in life, okay?

The future will always be unknown & subjective..

Treasure & appreciate what we have now.

Take care & hope you are all feeling better & 100% health-wise! :)