Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Should there be rules in a relationship?

What are rules?

Are the below considered as rules?

"Not wanting your partner to check their phone when you are having a meal/watching a show with them? Because it is "OUR" time together? Even though the both of you sees each other everyday."

Do guys feel that this is rule?

To me, as a girl, it is not. It is just spending quality time together, just walking together, eating, or even watching a show - movie or tv drama. After a whole day at work, don't you want to spend some time with your partner instead of spending time messaging your friends?

Or do guys feel this way "I'm already with you, what's wrong with me checking my phone, replying messages?".

How about you spending the whole day messaging your friends, everyday?

Spending time with your girlfriend by not checking your phone is considered a rule? Too much of a request?


"Going home early when you are out with your friends."

Why do some people feel unhappy when they see their other half spending too much time outside, staying out late, messaging other people - especially of the opposite sex too often and yet, feels that it is alright when they are doing it themselves? And when these are pointed out by their other half, they will just shut off and not give a damn on what they do.

"If you want to stay out until late, go ahead. I cannot control you as you have your freedom."
Indeed I have my own freedom of staying out late, however I respect you as my partner and I do not stay out late. Being in a relationship, isn't it all about respecting one another, keeping in mind that one is attached? If you love your freedom so much, why did you get involve in a relationship in the first place? Or why don't you just find a partner who doesn't give a shit about what you do? IS that called a relationship in the first place if your partner just keep you company as and when you feel lonely? I think that is not a relationship, that is a part time lover. Who will be there as and when you need them. Someone who will talk to you, meet you when you are free, have meals with you.


Sometimes people do not put themselves in their partner's shoes and think of how they feel. Not considering their feelings.

When a friend told me that he cannot message me because his girlfriend doesn't like it. I would used to think this way "Why is she so possessive and jealous? I'm not interested in her guy. He's not my type.".

However, I guessed after what had happened, I try to put myself in the girl's shoes and back off. Texting occasionally instead of everyday. If the girlfriend feels uncomfortable, I won't push it. I have to respect my friend and his partner. If he is single, then yes, it is alright for us to be texting each other regularly.


How about trust?
Why is it so easy to destroy Trust in a matter of seconds and yet takes a long time to be rebuilt?

If one expects to be trusted, should one not lie? Not do things that makes room for distrust?

The moment someone lied about things (of course I'm not talking about white lies such as I lied that I'd eaten but I have not in fact) but lied about.. for example: saying you do not like the person but you do; not meeting the person but you do, etc?

I feel that these are lies that cannot begin with. At all. Once a lie is made, it will be there all the time. Lying about things to cover up. And it will snowball.





Feels like I'm talking in circles huh? I'm just typing what comes to mind I guess.


Sometimes I wonder what's on a guy's mind?

I used to think that guy's mind are pretty simple and easy to understand but as time goes by, I feel that it is getting more and more complex.


Why do some people changed so much and can just turn off when they want to - to the extend that you sometimes feels that you do not know them.

I wish I have the same ability as the main character in the show "What women wants". So I can understand what's going on in a complex guy's mind.





Friends are trying to match make me up with their single friends. That's very cute of them to do that.. not wanting me to feel lonely. :)





Maybe one day I will meet someone who will respect me as his girlfriend. Someone who will stay faithful. Someone who will not lie.

But I know that someone will not appear because there's no one who will not lie or stay faithful forever.




Is there ever a no-rule in a relationship? Then that will be a no-love relationship. Like friends with benefit.





Anyway here is a song I like. Sharing with you my faithful readers. Drink more water and keep yourself healthy. ;)
I shall try to camwhore one day and post more photos of myself before I turn old and wrinkly. Heh.

No comments: