Friday, May 03, 2013

Not having enough rest the day before your exams doesn't help

Yeah, I was desperately trying to complete my revision for Statistics that aside from studying the whole day, I even woke up early at 4am in the hope of doing some last minute revision. Memorising the formulas and everything seemed to be going well.

While on the way to the exam hall, I fell asleep on the bus. I didn't realised how tired I was.

 Looking at section A, I was quite confident that I will perform well as planned. By the time I was halfway through, I noticed that I'm left with an hour to complete section a and to complete two full questions with heavy marks in section b. Panicking, I tried to rush through section a and move on to b, by then I was left with 30 mins.

My brain was suddenly blank and I nearly cried with the fact that I'm going to fail two papers. Those that I'd learnt suddenly disappeared and I could focus. Guess I felt too stressed to continue any further. Was my brain overloaded with information?

 Haven't felt so stress like this before, not even during my poly years. Maybe it is the money factor, since it is quite costly to repeat a module.

Reached home with a heavy heart and finally I couldn't hold back any more and cried. Checked my notes on what I'd suspected was the right answer was indeed correct. Many marks were lost. Graph wasn't plotted. Points lost.

Sigh. Now just have to concentrate on my remaining two modules and not fail any more.

No comments: