Friday, May 24, 2013

Why?

I wanted to type something that I was thinking about while on my way home from work. However, something happened and now my mind is blank.

Sometimes events that were to similar to what had happened managed to remind you of the past.  As much as you wish to get it out and locked away into the deepest depths of your storage will surface magically. Like there is an inner you who is bringing up the files of the past to tell you "hey! This happened before! Look at this file, looks familiar?". It just made you think again, whether the route you have been taking firmly, confidently is wrong?

Made you wonder whether have you been trusting the wrong person?

Someone said this to me just last night, if a person has an opportunity to do the same thing again, that person will do it.

If the person had gambled before, lost all the money and now has a lot of cash on hand. What is the first thing that person will do? Will that person go and gamble? Or will that person just keep the money aside?

Maybe you can say that I am being naive for a person my age but I felt that if the person had learnt their lesson, maybe gambling had cost them their home or family or nearly lost their life because of that, I believe that person will not gamble again because of the painful lesson they had been through. Why would they want to have a taste of that again?

If a person had told so many lies and, same thing again, has the same consequences, would they want to lie again just to satisfy that habit of theirs?

If a person had cheated before, and that cost them their family and loved ones, and is given a second chance, would they want to do that again and cause pain to the people around them, the people they love and also live the guilt they would be feeling?

If I had been through one of these, yes, I'll feel the guilt and it will stay with me and be constantly reminding me of why I shouldn't do it. Why I shouldn't hurt the people around me.

I guess I was being too trusting, too confident that people would change for the better after something bad happened to them.

No comments: