Saturday, July 25, 2009

The bus ride back was exceptionally long today. Most of the passengers had a lot of enquiries about the stops they wish to alight at and sadly, the poor driver just started on his job and he speaks mandarin only.

There was this particular passenger who is a tourist here, showed the driver her hotel name and asked if he'll drive past it. So, out of desperation, he scanned the bus for someone who was able to help him translate and I was unlucky one. Not because I do not wish to help but I'm not that familiar with the route and so I told her that the bus most prolly do not go past it. She was pretty upset and I guess she decided to take a cab instead. The moment the bus drove off, nearing to the next stop was.... her stop. I felt so guilty about giving her the wrong info.. Sigh.

No comments: