Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'd managed to finish reading 'Halo Encyclopedia' and I'm currently reading 'Halo: Fall of Reach' and my conclusion of Halo is that it is a very sad story. Not those romance sad story but sad story about humanity and the Spartans. The Spartans were supposedly enhanced super super soldier and yet, why did they die so easily like flies?

While they were in their MJOLNIR Mark VI Armor (frankly speaking, from the way they describe the armor John-117 was wearing, it should be that latest armor when they first had contact with the covenant), they were almost invincible. How was it that the covenants were so far advanced than the humans? So, the forerunner race was the most advanced followed by the covenant and then the humans? That's sad right? Even when the forerunner was so advance and yet, they did not have any contingency plan. How did the covenant get so advanced? Why so little spartans then? What about ODST? They were also one of the elites no?

From seventy plus spartans to half and then to just one Master Chief. Before reading the novel, I was always wondering why was John called the Master Chief and the rest are just spartans. So, it all boils down to just Master Chief, Cortana and the arbiter. Sigh. I still remembered the words Master Chief said to Cortana, after they (together with the arbiter) left in a ship, which was later shot and broke into half, Master Chief's whereabouts was unknown. And it was said that Master Chief was thought to be in some unknown place, where he was placed in a cryo-sleep by Cortana, telling her to wake him up when he's needed. So, was there a possiblity that he'll appear again to save humankind? Is he dead or just somewhere out there resting?

Spartans cannot die, they are either MIA, WIA but never KIA. So, what happened to John? Will Halo 4 even happen? Now I'm so waiting impatiently for Halo: Fall of Reach! Argh!



Halo Encyclopedia - Nearly can't find it!





Anyway, my pig was too fat already and was unable to take in anymore "food". So, I gotta start making him "puke". Mom was marvelling at how much I'd managed to feed him and made a guess that pig should weigh at least "660 bucks".

Me: ok, if you guessed close to the weigh, I'll give you $100.
Mom: OK! *quickly sat down and helped me count*



Pig before (he was damn heavy and I gotta rest at least 2 times ok!!)





Pig after.. So, he weighs 900 bucks. Actually he was 897 and mom contributed 3 bucks to make it 900.





Mom: Wasted, another 100 and it'll be a thousand!

Now pig felt so light! Time to feed him again!

Super excited because mom and I went to Chinatown today to buy some cloth for making curtains, sofa covers and my big pillows' clothes. Spent like $150 on cloths (cheap ok!), buttons and threads. Omg! Actually majority was spent on the cloths. Scary but at least my faithful curtain (in my room) can go for a wash! And my big pillows have extra set of clothes to wear!! xD

No comments: