Friday, November 11, 2011

男公關?!?!

Ever since the launch of a new product in Oct, I have been working till late since then. Working hours can stretch from 0930hr till 2230 for the first 2 days, then 0930 till midnight on other days. I treat this as an endurance test, a challenge to see how far my mind and body can take it. It was working well until last night. Not sure whether was it because everyone around me are starting to fall sick one by one and a particular someone who did not bother covering her mouth when she coughs (you can nearly feel the germs in the room). I'm starting to feel sick last night. Sore throat and cough creeping up on me and today was the limit. I felt extremely tired and feverish. Was it because I didn't sleep early for the past nights and woke up at 0700 yesterday and end work at 0100hr? Chatted over the phone with a friend till 2am+, woke up at 0700hr today and just reached home. Ah.. Thought I get to leave work early and end up.. I just couldn't leave my colleagues to die. Thought of waiting up for da jie to return home but I think I better go get some sleep.

ANYWAY, I attended a girlfriend's hen's night at this ladies club. Yes.. Ladies Club! It was my first time to such a place and it was an eye-opener! It was located at Lavender and I'd say all the 男公關 are from China, maybe just one of the female manager is a local - she's extremely friendly. There are at least 10 guys and they would "parade" themselves every 30 mins or so. First was catwalk then belting out songs from a Karaoke system. I'd say 99% of their singing sucks... It just spoil their "good looking" image. All the guys were suit up so they look really smart. Of the many guys there, only 2 are good looking.

I was turned off from the start because the host was announcing that a lady was celebrating her hen's night and invited her on stage. We did not request to do that and neither did we ask to send her on stage. Host tasked her to dance. He got a guy to do a mini pole dance and asked her to finish that mission and considered a pass! While they were still trying to get my gf to do that, someone working in that club approached us and said "the host are at work to celebrate for your friend on stage, maybe you'd like to support them by giving flowers?". Note: Their flowers cost at least $100. Frikking expensive ok?!?!?!?! So.. we were obliged to do that.. $100 per person.. $200 gone. Wth.... Really spoil our night. I did not dare to talk to any of the guys because I was afraid that they'll ask me for 小费. I'm a stingy and soon to be poor student.

Drinks was considered ok since it cost like $500++ for 3 bottles of hennessy to be shared among 10 of us, of which 1 has already quitted drinking and the other is not a drinker. I drank a little too much and was feeling very sleepy by the end of the party. We wished that the night would last longer for spending just 4hours together wasn't fun enough. Games for my gf was cool though and we found a very steady patron for one of our game, for her. Haha. After that, he kept coming over to our table and we could tell that he was drunk for he was very tipsy and falling over his words. There we learnt that he was a mix - SG and Taiwanese, just returned to SG from god-knows-where, he's holding a pink ic so he's a proud Singapore citizen. Photos are waiting to be vet through by the bride-to-be, which can be publish, which are for our own eyes only. I can't wait to see the photos!!

Fun as it was, the place is quite small, 男公關 and customers alike do not frikking flush the frikking toilet!! It was so disgusting especially after they'd forced themselves to puke and not flush it. 男公關 really can't sing except for the host - said to be a professional singer in his country, place is small - less than 10 tables, small stage, no live band. Nothing like the typical Thai pub. Out of the many guys, I'd only spotted 2 good looking ones so you can imagine how bad it was. Maybe they should work on their facial complexion, their hairstyle and their breath. NOt sure if they have bad breath but they better have mints in their pocket to avoid losing potential female clients.

Friend suggested going to another ladies club at PS and I can't wait for that day!

No comments: