Thursday, November 17, 2011

Goodbye

Today was the day I'm dreading.. I had always want to drag it, put it to another day so that I'll never face it.. at least not so soon. However it was inevitable and it'll happen sooner or later, why not now?

I had thought that it will not hurt and that I'll let go of it easily. I was wrong. I was struggling not to shed a tear while I was on the way to the destination.

My heart was battling whether should I hold on to the piece of string or was it time to let go. In the end, I chose to let it go.

I'd decided not to waste his time, that he deserve someone better than me. One who'll love him equally or maybe more. One who will set a huge chunk of her pie chart for him. One who will at least put him on the top 2 billboard list. One who will think of him all the time, who will try to make him happy, who will listen to him pain, who will be there for him.

He is still in my heart but I guess time will heal all wound. Trying to hold back my tears for the whole day, it's finally time to let it all go.

Will we still stay as friends? Will he still give me advice? Will we still keep in contact? I'm not sure.

We'd set I'll get a free brunch that should a guy date me out or a friend try to set me up on a date in 3 months' time.

Love hurts.

I'd never thought that I'll feel the pain. The sadness. I'll never want to fall in love again. Regret yes. Never expect it to be that painful. But it is for the better. Must one lose something to learn? Can't help wondering what is he doing, how is he feeling and how is he doing. Why must it happen just to feel all these? Why must one take another for granted?

And I know that I'll never find a guy like him. I'd just let a rare gem go and I hope the gem will shine better with another owner.


2 comments:

Jun said...

Sorry to hear the sad news, but just curious, what makes you wanna end this r/s when he is such a nice and rare find?

:(

ohime nana said...

let's just say we're not meant to be.