Saturday, December 17, 2011

三國志

I'd finally completed all three kingdoms on Dynasty Warriors 7 - Wei, Shu and Wu. I have long being a fan of this game, mainly because of the hack and slash portion. Also because it involves the 3 kingdoms with characters who I am familar with. On top of that, I am also drawn to the story behind the 3 kingdoms, reading it up on wiki but it was too dry so I gave up not long after.

Although I'd played most of the DW series, I didn't know the story in-depth for the game do not requires one to follow the storyline completely. It's mainly create a new character or use one of the characters available, get a new kingdom and start conquering it. It was different this time in DW 7. One need to complete the 3 kingdoms followed by Jin and you can start your own conquest - is not as extensive as the previous series. By completing all 4 stories allows you to fully unlock the characters so to do their personal achievement in the conquest stage.

Another good thing in the game is there's a encyclopedia where you can read up on the individual characters (very brief) as well as the timeline of what had happened. I went to do my own read up in wiki and wondered to myself - how the hell did they get all these information? It happened so many years back that most information, books are destroyed no? How did they know what was the tactics used then?

Anyway, upon completing Wei, I had a profound respect for Cao Cao. He was not only a fighter, a poet and a strategist. Can he be said to be on par with Zhuge Liang? He was portray was someone cold hearted, is he really?

All three men - Liu Bei, Cao Cao and Sun Jian/Sun Ce/Sun Quan (I put all three together because the first two had very short lives) had their own strength and weakness.

For Liu Bei, he had his five tiger generals (Zhao Yun, Zhang Fei, Guan Yu, Ma Chao and Huang Zhong) who are fiercely loyal to him. They are his strength. For strategy, he had Zhuge Liang. What does Liu Bei has? He has his benvolence, being kind yet that could be his weakness.

Sun Quan, unfortunately for him, his father and brother were both assassinated by the enemies on two separate events leaving Sun Quan to take over the role of a ruler so fast before he could grasp what had happened. I didn't pay much attention to him because he just do not interest me. He was lucky to have Zhou Yu to help him.

Cao Cao may be cunning, cold hearted but I felt that he had a side of him that no one knows. Many said Cao Cao took in Emporer Xian and used him as a puppet however I felt that he was sticking to his own principle. If he wants to be an emporer, he would have instead of just asking to be the King of Wei. It's hard to understand what was on his mind.

I could just go on and on about Cao Cao however it's time for me to sleep. Tomorrow is another long day, and it just reminds me of the same question again "Why am I still here?" and again, I'm just procrastinating.

No comments: