Tuesday, December 06, 2011

I'm Not Calling You A Liar

Yessssss!! I'd finally - FINALLY completed Dragon Age 2! Took me long enough and when the credits came rolling, I was entranced by the ending song.

DA 1 is about the blight, DA2 is about the ongoing issue between mages and templars.

Things I wish happened in DA2 was to have my hero continuing her journey but she was too busy living her life with the King of Ferelden, Alistair and rebuilding the grey wardens community.

Initially I thought my new character in DA2 was a grey warden, but she was just an ordinary girl seeking to escape from the blight with her family. Quite a twist and there's no point in continuing with a grey warden in DA2 since DA1 is focusing on them.

Some characters from DA1 appeared in some of the side quests such as Zevran (wonder whether will he still appear if he'd romance with my hero and my hero did not end up being Alistair's queen), Alistair or King of Ferelden appeared, Nathaniel Howe and Leliana (super small role, just seeking out my champion).

There were also references to events happening in DA1 - Vigil's keep, the architect, etc. Brings back memories and made me feel like replaying DA1 but I don't think I have the stamina to go through the whole game.

Oh, I'd noticed that this time the potions are much harder to get. Stores will sell them once or twice and it's always in very limited quantity. You do not have to worry about your companions' armors because they have 3 levels of upgrade.

To compare DA1 and DA2, I liked both. DA1 is more of killing darkspawns and DA2 is more of human issues.

Saw a trailer for DA3 and can't wait to see how the gameplay is like. It seemed to take on a darker role this time. Will the blight really be over? The architect still seemed to be a mystery. Is he building an army? How about Morrigan's child? What happened to the child? And my champion, people are still seeking her.

I think the timeline for DA2 should happen after these incidents. Like years later and not months later.


Here's DA3 (official or not?)





Oh, and my favourite ending theme for DA2

I'm Not Calling You A Liar (If it wasnt for Dragon Age 2 I would have never started listening to Florence + the Machine)





Found another great track! PLUS is it's from my favourite gloomy character. And yes... I romanced my champion with him because he's so gloomy. Lol.




Oh oh! I happened to find this webpage for Fenris fans! Nicely done up and I'm too lazy to put the image here. Check it out here! Or just see it from the video.




=========================================================

Anyway I was watching BBC with mom earlier in the day and they were talking about Greenland and the melting ice. That reminded me of this:



A remake in HD format, FF7 was launched in 1997 HD quality released in 2009 after Advent Children (2005).

I remembered wanting to replay this game when my ps1 was still working since I'd stopped the game halfway (after Aerith died, I lost my reason to continue. Ok.. because I'd spent so much effort in getting Cloud's affection for the girl!). I'd played FF8-10 and graphics had changed so much. Being used to the box-less characters and seeing a box-like Cloud.. My eyes just couldn't get used to it. So I switched it off and stopped.

=========================================================

Wow... I didn't know that BioWare was one of the developers for my favourite PC game - Baldur's Gate. I do remembered the Black Isle's logo although I did not know that's the publisher! O.O!!

No comments: