Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy Belated Birthday Mommy!!

It was my mom's birthday yesterday. :)

No fanciful dinner dates, no extravagant celebrations, just a simple birthday celebration. It was quite comical when mei was home with the cake and I was trying to divert mom's attention. Chasing her out of her kitchen, asking her to shower so that we can hide cake in the freezer - my mom loves ice cream cake. And first time ever I offered to look after the fire, to ensure our soup is not overcook.

And when mom was out from the shower, I was practically sticking close to her AND the fridge. Haha. Whatever she wants or need, I'll retrieve it from the fridge for her. Offered to look after her soup as well. My mom is a vegetarian, so sometimes she'll cook her food separately - if the soup contains meat.

Also it was a day where dajie and mei were home together, just for mom's bday. :)

We prepared the cake and sang a song for her. She was surprised and although she didn't show it, I knew that she was happy. Heh.

Happy Belated Birthday Mommy! :)

No comments: