Saturday, August 03, 2013

I love Sunshine, Sunflower, Dewberry and Banana!

I am so pampered by my pinoy friends! Now I have two more yummy snacks to add to my list of to buy! One of them is this! I am not a fan of peas however, apart from the Japanese snacks, this is another one where I just cannot stop eating! Perhaps that is why my pimples keep popping out!! :(


YUM YUM SUNSHINE! I still have two packs of Dewberry biscuits and 1 1/2 packets of Sunflower Crackers for me to enjoy. A friend will be going back to Philippines in September, time to write a list of yummies for her to buy back!




So I was have the 'cooking' mood and decided to come up with pasta. I was considering either linguine or penne although I wanted something different since it has always been either these or spaghetti. I looked up for recipes online and saw one of Jamie Oliver's online recipe where his pasta uses this - tagliatelle and taglierini and I went "!". I was lucky enough to be able to find tagliatelle as it was not easy. Hence I went to shop for my grocery and whipped up this meal for my family with some help of course! Overall taste was not too bad but I love the chicken best! Next round will be Chinese dishes!

Tagliatelle Carbonara with Sautéed Herb Chicken



It has been some time since I last post something about my fluffy friends who have been my constant and loyal companions. If you'd noticed, there is an addition to the family - Bunny! He is about 2 months old and they have warmed up to each other very quickly. I had neglected them again and I bet they must be feeling really happy when they had the front row seats watching me playing my games which I'd bought from xbox live arcade.




Cactuar, Hippo and Buddy decided to move to a corner and have some little chat of their own while I had moved on to watching movies. :)





Anyway, I was listening to the OST for Metal Gear and saw another nice OST!





Listening to this song reminded me of the time when I decided to try Halo ODST for the first time because of the coop option.



I have heard of the game Halo however I did not really check out the story for I was not that interested about it that time. My mind changed after I'd played ODST for the first time and asked many questions about the story, about Master Chief. Who is he? Why is he alone? etc. As ODST really provide a good third party view about what happened to the destroyed city and following Master Chief's foot path. Sometimes it felt like I was so near him and yet I never get to see him. I went crazy after and decided to check out on the full story about Halo, even to the extend of buying up the novels to read. As much as I love the game Halo and its storyline, however I felt that the game, Halo Reach isn't as good as the few series by Bungie. Perhaps they made Master Chief and Cortana too... personal? Too close for comfort. That Master Chief and Cortana actually have feelings for each other? Or maybe because they are always together that they sort of, have some connections or bond?

Perhaps in my mind, I'd created the impression that Spartans are superhuman who do not have any emotions like us. Sure they feel sad for their fallen comrades, that is because they are like brothers and sisters in arms, but not because they feel .. something else towards each other. For them, yes sure, they will feel sad for their fellow soldiers who K.I.A but the feeling of dying due to something, like it is a duty to keep the planets and civilians safe not because they want to but they have to. However, they feel sad for second only and they will move on for they have more important things to focus on rather than feeling sad all the way. To them, they feel no fear. To them, they work around to bring the covenants down.

So, Reach is a disappointment to me. Master Chief is too emotional.





Anyway, I'd bumped onto this song too! OMG! It sure brings back memories. I could still remember playing this game on my PS1 and I loved the game so much although I did not complete this game.



I guess I prefer the older games because of the storyline. They seemed to carry more meaning than the new games. It was about friendship, betrayal, saving the earth, sacrifice, etc. Nothing fanciful but simple and straightforward story. I wish I could find a game that is like the old ones, where the games were more meaningful. Another game that I used to love. The conversations between characters are too meaningful, recruiting 108 characters to change the country. Sigh... Where to find a game like this now?

Enjoy this OST. :) Time to lookup on their games and stories to reminisce!

No comments: